"Antisemittisme" er opplagt et skjellsord som brukes i tid og utide. EUMC har laget retningslinjer for å gjenkjenne antisemittisme i praksis. Jeg siterer noen interessante hovedpunkter:
"Contemporary examples of anti-Semitism in public life, the media, schools, the workplace, and in the religious sphere could, taking into account the overall context, include, but are not limited to:
- Making mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as a collective – such as, especially but not exclusively, the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy or of Jews controlling the media, economy, government or other societal institutions.
- Accusing Jews as a people of being responsible for real or imagined wrongdoing committed by a single Jewish person or group, of even for acts committed by non-Jews.
- Accusing Jewish Citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interests of their own nations.
- Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.
- Holdings Jews collectively responsible for the actions of the State of Israel.
- Applying double standards by requiring of the State of Israel a behaviour not expected or demanded by other democratic nations.
- Denying the Jewish people the right of self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of the State of Israel is a racist endeavor.
However, criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as anti-Semitic."